Sunday, October 28, 2012

october 2012

Okay, hit a couple of snags in my refinishing progress. Have sanded the door to my computer room twice and can't seem to get the finish to set, when I have put the first coat of poly on it. It looks like crap, I will sand once more and see what happens. Very frustrated about this door!! So.......Brad is staining it and he will decide if we should just buy a new door...yikes. On a positive note, finished the parquet look table for Brads side of the bed, turned out great!! I have done most of the trim boards for the doorways now, just to finish up and hang them. Read the book The Homecoming of Samuel Lake, that was kinda sad and alarming, but the author writes in a way that keeps you coming back for more. The author is Jenny Wingfield, I will be looking to see if she writes more.The book was about a minister and his family, daughter Swan Lake and their neighbors. The next book I finished was Blessings by Anna Quindlen, the book was about an abandoned infant and a worker at a farm who found her. I really liked this book. The end was sad though. I am now reading and almost finished with Flowers for Algernon, by Daniel Keyes. An older book about a retarded man who they do an experimental surgery on and he becomes quite genious. It is kinda sad also to know things that have happened to him and things don't really get too much different after the surgery except his intelligence. Will recap next time I write when I am finished, hoping for some kind of a happy ending here. Today I made two new recipes. First I made Pasty's with ground beef,potato,carrot, and onion inside a pastry crust, Second, I made a small meatloaf in a round cake pan with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese on top. Both were very good for lunch and plenty left for supper and tomorrow. I am thinking of a lemon meringue pie...........perhaps in just a bit. Brad is taking a nap and I could surprise him. Washing a couple loads of clothes and it is raining all day today......It is also Andrews 30th birthday today, I called but so far spoke to voice mailbox. Spoke to Brenda last night, Dave had a heart attack on Monday and still has 30% blockage of his heart. He sounded quite chipper but has off till next Wednesday I believe. He is soooo lucky to have gotten medical attention quickly. Today got a message from Krystle, perhaps we will finally talk by phone~~ too long.......for sure. Oh yes, update for baby Dale, due end of March 2013.....no update on the baby's sex yet. On the crochet topic, I finished one prayer shawl, about half done with #2 and still have to finish the cotton throw. Will work on that tomorrow for sure. I have went through some patterns looking for stuff for the baby also. Halloween is this week, gonna carve the pumpkins tonight!!! Almost ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment